Monday 4 May 2020

Midnight Gospel Review After Two Episodes


It’s the “last” week of MCO right now. Monday, 5.24pm. I just finished my Texas chicken and the second episode of Midnight Gospel. I suppose, two things that weren’t really what I expected to be doing at this moment? This was the second time we sneaked Texas chicken into my body, and the third time for fried chicken this lockdown. It’s funny and sad I guess, because why should we be hiding ourselves? Anyways, I didn’t think I’d like Midnight Gospel from the first episode. As I said, they rambled on and on for a long time and perhaps my bar was raised because it was Pendleton Ward! But as I continued where I last watched, my guards were down, and my eyes were slightly distracted. The colourful cartoons didn’t seem to bother me so much anymore. I guess it’s kinda like watching Adventure Time for the first time? Their off key music was different and caught me off guard but after a while it sort of grew on me, because of how itself it was. Then I realised that was what Midnight Gospel was, too. It was like those commentary videos with a random gameplay on YouTube. Although the vision and the hearing was separated, it might be off at first, but then you sort of got used to it. It had music, a pattern, a story. It was good enough.                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment