Friday 21 August 2020

Tendering Feet Mask Review + Thoughts on why we buy things despite it not working

First impression of the milk and bamboo vinegar peeling mask was the foot baggy thing was all wet and I thought it burst in the main or something. The foot sock thing was a little small for my feet (size 40.5) but it was able to get in. 

I actually did it on a whim because my foot felt really dry and itchy (I somehow thought it would moisturise it).

The gel inside smelled a little like milk candy and so I wore it. It was very cooling and I realized it was quite a big mess because it was literally a mask on the floor.

I Googled to find YouTube tutorials stating you were supposed to soak your feet in warm water for 5 minutes before and then cover your foot with a plastic and then a sock over it. I let it chill for a bit with my feet hanging off the bed until I had to pee. I found some random plastic bags and put it over my foot.


Caution: it was VERY slippery so I suggest to have everything ready first instead of how I did it. Also, the shedding starts a couple of days after so if there's any events that required your open toed shoes, it would be best to do the peel 2 weeks beforehand.

After putting the plastic bag and bedroom slippers over it, it was quite warm inside. For a moment, I thought I felt some tingling sensation but it might just be me overthinking.

After 1.5 hours, one of the baggy tried up like how a mask dries up. When I took my feet out it felt pretty moisturized. I washed the gel off and of course, be careful while doing so because it is very slippery. 


And after 3 days, there wasn't any peeling on my foot, so either 

1. It was not a real foot peeling mask 

2. My mask dried up 

3. I need to use at least a few masks to get an effect 


But I guess it did its job, for a mere 3 bucks, it wasn't much, but it gave me some time to let myself rest and allowed me to try something new. I recently learned about the psychology of why we buy things. It's mainly to have a shift in our emotions, so to bring us some sort of instant happiness.

At one point, the speaker showed us a picture of the human emotions scale, of how we'd want to move from the lower scale to the higher ones. But he didn't talk about the highest scale, 

Serenity of Being. He only focused about us being contented and happy after buying stuff, but it feels like people nowadays don't really care about being at the top of the frequency. 

Aren't we humans funny?

We search for happiness all our life, looking everywhere BUT the obvious truth.




No comments:

Post a Comment